Friday, July 24, 2009

Mandurah


MANDURAH DOLPHINS



I see no ship, nor billowed sail.

No dancing dolphin or humpback whale.

I see instead a cloudless sky.

White horsed foam. Waves riding high.

In silhouette, Kwinana stands.

Outlined dark, against the sand.

Mans gift to man. I breathe a sigh.

And watch the stinking steam rise high.

I must not stand and muse so long.

Must not judge, at others wrong.

Instead I turn to the shining sea.

Natures gift to man and me.

In the distance where sea meets sky.

Dolphins, dancing, arching high.

They only see the good in man.

Bring their love, to our harsh land

Show us the richness of their home.

Show us we are not alone.

Yes, I shall stand and watch them play.

Glad to spend my time this way.

Mandurah now my home at last.

Where I can forget the past.

Watch the dolphins as they play.

At the end of one hot day.

Written by Katie North 1998©

No comments:

Post a Comment